Thank you for visiting our website. The following contains information about which personal data we collect and what we use it for.
1. Responsible party and data protection officer
- The responsible party for the processing of personal data in the sense of Art. 4 No. 7 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is firesys GmbH, Kasseler Straße 1a, 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Germany, e-mail: officenoSpam@firesys.de, Phone: +49 69 794094-0
Managing Director: Diana Kaufhold
Executive partner: lmran Mohammed
- The company data protection officer can be contacted at the above-mentioned address and at e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: +49 69 794094 0.
2. Purposes of data processing and legal basis
We process personal data in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). According to Art. 4 No. 1 of the GDPR, personal data constitutes all information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person, including information such as your first and last name, your address, your telephone number, your e-mail address, and also your IP address. Data which cannot be related to your person is not regarded as personal data.
Processing (e.g. collection, storage, reading out, querying, using, transmitting, deleting or destroying) in accordance with Art. 4 No. 2 of the GDPR always requires a legal basis or your consent. Processed personal data must be deleted as soon as the purpose of the processing has been achieved, and there are no more legally prescribed retention obligations to be fulfilled.
2.1. Visiting our website
When you visit our website www.firesys.de, the browser that you use automatically sends information to our website server. This information is stored temporarily in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded and stored until it is deleted automatically:
- IP address
- Date and time of the inquiry
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTIP status code
- Volume of data transmitted
- Website from which the request originated
- Used browser
- Used operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
We will process the above-mentioned data to ensure that a connection can be made to our website and that it is user friendly, to ensure network and information security, to evaluate system security and stability, and for administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f) of the GDPR. The justified interest follows from the above-mentioned purposes for data collection, particularly for the provision of the web site.
2.2. Registration for our newsletter and invitations to events
If you have agreed to receive our newsletter, invitations to events and other information relevant to you (Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. a) of the GDPR), we will use your name and e-mail address to send this information to you electronically.
2.3. Contact by other means
If you contact us by e-mail, telephone or fax, we will process the following personal information of yours:
- Your name,
- Company name,
- Your address data, e-mail address,
- Telephone and fax number,
- the content and nature of your request and other information provided by you in the form.
The processing of the data is based on your prior consent (Art. 6, Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. a) of the DGPR) or a contract which you have concluded with us (Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. b) of the DGPR) and for the purpose of replying to your inquiry.
2.4. Contract fulfilment
We process the following personal data to fulfil our contract with you:
- Customer master data (form of address, first name, last name, company, e-mail address, address, telephone number and fax number, if applicable)
- Contractual data
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. b of the GDPR. The data is processed in order to identify you as a customer, so that we can advise and support you appropriately, for corresponding with you, for invoicing and for the processing or assertion of any claims.
2.5. Application portal
If you apply to us online by via our application portal and voluntarily send us personal data for this purpose, this takes place on the basis of your consent (Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. a) of the GDPR). We use the data that you send us for processing your application and for getting in touch with you. You can withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. Use the above-mentioned e-mail or postal address to do this. The consequence of this is that we will no longer continue with your application and will delete the data within six months, provided that no other legal basis or statutory retention requirements exist.
3. Processing of personal data in our software
The use of our firesys software means that we will collect and process personal data. This takes place during initial registration and when using the software. The following personal data will be collected by us when doing this.
Registration / license check:
- Inquiry number (consecutive number per computer / profile)
- Type of inquiry
- Login name (checksum / hash of the Windows login name)
- Computer name (checksum / hash of computer name)
- Domain (checksum / hash of the Windows domain)
- Computer features (computer identification using checksums / hashes)
- First name
- Last name
- E-mail address
The following data is collected to provide the Favorites functions and to improve the software:
- The name of the firesys functions which have been used
- Timestamp of use
- Hash of user data of the logged-in Windows account (pseudonymization)
- Office program used
Data is encrypted before transfer.
The processing of personal data is granted by your consent on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. a) of the GDPR or on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. b) if this is needed to fulfil the contract. Reference is made to clause 4 of this agreement regarding the transfer of personal data.
4. Forwarding of personal data
We shall forward your personal data to third parties only if:
- You have given us your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. a) of the GDPR,
- forwarding is required in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f) of the GDPR to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- a legal obligation exists for disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. c) of the GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and is required in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. b) of the GDPR to carry out contractual relationships with you.
We only transfer personal data to third countries, i.e. outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) for which the EU Commission has confirmed that there is an adequate level of protection or this takes place as part of using third party services or the disclosure or transfer of data to third parties. This only takes place if it is required to fulfil our (pre) contractual obligations, on the basis of your consent, on the basis of a legal obligation or on the basis of our legitimate interests. Insofar as there are no statutory permits, we only have data processed in a third country if the special prerequisites of Art. 44 ff. of the GDPR apply.
5. Rights of the persons concerned
- In accordance with Art. 15 of the GDPR, you have the right to request information about your personal data that we process. In particular, you can request information about
- Processing purposes,
- the categories of personal data that are processed
- the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, particularly to recipients in third countries or international organizations
- if possible, the planned storage period or, if not possible, the criteria for determining this duration
- the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the origin of your data,
- if the data was not collected by us,
- the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling in accordance with Art. 22 Paras. 1 and 4 of the GDRP and, demand meaningful information about the details thereof if necessary
- the existence of a right to complain to the supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 16 of the GDRP and demand immediate correction of incorrect personal data or the completion of your personal data which we have stored;
- in accordance with Art. 17 of the GDPR, demand the deletion of your personal data that is stored by us (right to be forgotten), provided that processing thereof is not required for exercising the right of free expression and information, for fulfilling a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- In accordance with Art. 18 of the GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to have it deleted and we no longer require the data, but you require this data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or if you have submitted an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 of the GDPR;
- In accordance with Art. 20 of the GDPR, you have the right to demand data transferability of your personal data that we have collected in a structured, common and machine-readable format, or its transmission to another person responsible;
- In accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 of the GDPR, you have the right to withdraw the consent that you have granted to us at any time. The consequence of this is that we must not continue processing the data that was based on this consent in future and
- in accordance with Art. 77 of the GDPR you must complain to a supervisory authority. Generally, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or work, or our head office.
6. Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with the Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f) of the GDPR, in accordance with Art. 21 of the GDPR you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, providing that reasons for this exist that arise from your particular situation or if you object to direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object which we will implement implement without specifying a particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right to withdrawal or objection, please send an e-mail to the above-mentioned e-mail address.
7. Duration of storage
The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer needed to achieve the purpose of the processing.
Statutory retention obligations may also exist, such as commercial or tax-related retention obligations in accordance with the Commercial Code (HGB) or the Tax Code (AO). If such retention obligations exist, we will block or delete your data at the end of these retention obligations.
8. Data security
When you visit our website, we use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the highest level of encryption that your browser supports. This is usually 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can see whether an individual page on our website is transferred encrypted by a closed key or padlock icon in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, and unauthorised access by third parties. Our security procedures are continually optimised as new technology becomes available.
On the other hand, we use permanent cookies to record the use of our website and evaluate it statistically so that we can optimise the website for you by using tracking tools. These cookies allow us to detect that you have already visited our website the next time you visit it. These cookies are automatically deleted after a defined period.
The data that is processed by cookies is required for the said purposes for safeguarding our legitimate interests and the interests of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f) of the GDPR.
We use analytical cookies to observe the anonymized user behaviour on our website.
We also use advertising cookies. These cookies can be used to track user behaviour for advertising and targeted marketing purposes.
Social media cookies allow you to connect to your social networks and share content from our website within your networks.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are stored on your device, or that a note always appears before a new cookie is created. The consequence of completely deactivating cookies, however, is that you will not be able to use all of our website’s functions.
10. Tracking tools
The following tracking measures that are listed below and carried out by us are taken on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f) of the GDPR. With the tracking measures that are used, we want to ensure that our website is designed to meet the needs of users and optimise it on an ongoing basis. We also use tracking measures to record the use of our website statistically and evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our website. These interests represent legitimate interests in the sense of Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f) of the GDPR.
The IP address provided to Google Analytics by your browser will not be merged with any other data from Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by making the relevant settings in your browser software; please note, however, that you may not be able to use all functions of this website in full in this case. Furthermore, you can prevent the recording of the data that is created by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google, and the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in that is available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This means that abbreviated IP addresses undergo further processing to eliminate direct reference to persons. If the data relating to you that was collected gives rise to a reference to persons, this is immediately excluded and the personal data is deleted immediately.
We use Google Analytics to analyse how our website is used and improve it on a regular basis. We use the statistics obtained to improve our content and make it more interesting to you as a user. In exceptional cases in which personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is the Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f) of the GDPR.
Information about the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google lreland Ltd., Garden House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, lreland, Fax: +353 (1)436 1001.
Data privacy overview: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
and the data privacy statement: https://policies.google.com/privacy.
Social media plug-ins
We use social plug-ins from social networks on our website on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f) of the GDPR. The underlying commercial purpose must be regarded as a legitimate interest in the sense of the GDPR. The responsibility for operation in line with data protection regulations must be guaranteed by the respective provider.
We do not have any influence over the data that is collected and the data processing operations, nor are we aware of the full scope of the data collection, the purposes of the processing, or the storage periods. Nor do we have any information regarding the deletion of the data that is collected by the plug-in provider.
The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as a usage profile and uses this for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or to design its website to meet the needs of users. An evaluation such as this is carried out particularly for displaying appropriate advertisements (even for users who are not signed in), in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of this user profile, but you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. The plug-ins give you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and other users so that we can improve our content and make it more interesting to you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f) of the GDPR.
The data is forwarded regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are signed in there. If you are signed in with the plug-in provider, your data that is collected by us is allocated directly to your account with the plug-in provider. If you click on the activated button and link to the page, for example, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and publicly shares it with your contacts. After using a social network, we recommend that you log out at regular intervals, particularly before you click on the button. In this way you can prevent the plug-in provider from allocating this data to your profile.
Additional information regarding the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider is available in the privacy policies of these providers as listed below. Here you also obtain additional information about your rights and settings options to protect your privacy.
Addresses for the respective plug-in providers and URL with their privacy policies:
kununu GmbH I Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; https://www.xing.com/privacy.
LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Irland; https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.